Friday, April 20, 2007

The 1st Annual...

So this idea for the First Annual Ben Farrant Memorial Cyclathon came about when I got back to home from Ben's memorial service and started thinking how easy it would be to simply go back to life as if nothing happened. In all honesty I was afraid I might forget about Ben in the future. But he deserved to be remembered, as everyone does, so to ensure that I thought why not do something in memory of Ben, and even greater keep his spirit alive by raising money for the purpose that was closest to his heart, The Wellspring Foundation? I bounced the idea off of Jeremy who agreed it would be a perfect tribute to "bulldozer Ben" and this is the result; a 200 mile fundraiser.

I am so pleased it has turned into something that will TRULY make a difference in the lives of rwandan children, just as many of us saw that Ben's life did. I think we will find ourselves having so much fun amidst the physical pain and so much Joy in the memory of a great loss.

Thank you for your participation in this fundraiser! It WILL be a success!

Now, onto discussions about riding. Is anyone using nutrition products/supplements? Jes and I are using Hammer Nutrition products and if anyone is curious about them we'd be happy to discuss it more. For people with sensitive stomachs (not Iron-stomach-Jesse's) they are great, but Jesse loves them too because they are all natural with no added sugar, great for diabetics! Much more to come!